The Schanzlin company was founded in 1908 in Fahrnau near the Swiss border. The small mechanical workshop manufactured all kind of machinery.
With the motorization of agriculture after WW2, the construction of motor mowers, two-wheel tractors, tillers and four-wheel tractors began. In 1953 the company moved to Weisweil, where the Schanzlin group of companies was run by around 90 employees.
Schanzlin company was liquidated, the last orders have been processed on December 1st, 2016.